conversion files and older projects

Michael Rueger m.rueger
Fri Apr 18 14:54:32 PDT 2003

Bob Arning wrote:
 > John,
 >
 > Sorry, my mistake in mixing up the Engligh and French. The error you
 > see in loading the Tutorial Workbook is that there are instances of
 > XMLNode in the project and no such class exists in 3.2. I believe
 > that was added in 3.3 (the project _was_ published from 3.3), so
 > that's the problem. We seem to be in a bit of a version upheaval at
 > the moment, but I suspect 3.4 will be the logical place to try to
 > load this once (it settles down, perhaps).

This is a problem that comes up every now and then. If you want to be
sure people can load projects using the squeakland plugin you need to
author the projects using it.
There is no generic way to read projects authored in other image
versions, especially if they contain applications like the XMLParser
that are not even part of the mainstream image at that point.

There is still the possibility of older projects being incompatible with
the current plugin version. That is something we can fix (by posting
updates for the plugin image) given that we can debug the incompatible
project.

Michael