conversion files and older projects

Bob Arning arning
Fri Apr 18 14:54:32 PDT 2003

On Fri, 15 Nov 2002 15:52:23 -0500 (EST) John Voiklis <voiklis at redfigure.org> wrote:
>You're right, this sounds simple enough. The only thing I still need to
>know is how to check in what image version a project was authored.

John,

One way is, if you have tried to load it and have gotten a walkback during the loading process, then select one of the lines in the top of the debugger like this one:

[] in RWBinaryOrTextStream(PositionableStream)>>fileInAnnouncing:

then, in the lower left pane, select 'collection' and the next pane to the right should have something like:

'''From Squeak3.3alpha of 11 January 2002 [latest update: #4989] on 4 November 2002 at 3:58:21 am''!

!ObjectScanner new initialize!........

The first line tells you where this was published from. This is from the one we know has a problem.

Cheers,
Bob