Fwd: Re: RE: RE: Authoring tools: Squeak in the classroom

Kim Rose Kim.Rose
Fri Apr 18 14:54:41 PDT 2003

Hello,

With the permission of Sebastian Hergott from Don Mills Middle School
in Ontario, Canada, I share with you an email I received from him
today which I found exciting and inspiring. I believe it may help in
the initial explorations of others using Squeak with their students,
and children.  I think the idea of having the students create their
own projects with accompanying tutorials for new learners is
wonderful!  I hope we can create a clearinghouse for such materials
to share around the world.

We look forward to continued reports and sharing from Sebastian,
Maria, (a parent volunteer who has been instrumental in the project
thus far) and the students at Don Mills!

   Kim