Squeak ideas for a classroom/clubhouse

Andreas Raab andreas.raab
Fri Apr 18 14:54:41 PDT 2003

Hi Jahanzeb,

> Yes, this makes sense... but the problem I was having was
> that dragging a tile out of the viewer was creating a script
> half the time, and not creating a script the other half.

Really... this is strange. I just filled my screen up with tiles and it
always created the script for me. Has anyone else maybe seen that problem?

But try to update one machine and see if that fixes it. If not, let us know.

> We (sheepishly) were running the plugin
> in a browser, and thus had not updated it --
> could this have caused the problem?

Not having updated it certainly wouldn't *cause* the problem, but updating
may fix it ;-) BTW, other than the update notification there really is not
much difference between running in a browser vs. running Squeak as an "app".
The main differences are:
* The browser is stealing both memory and computing cycles so we generally
prefer to run Squeak as an "app" unless you are browsing the web.
* The browser steals valuable screen space (navbar etc). This you can "get
back" by using the "escape browser" button (right next to "find" and
"publish")

Cheers,
  - Andreas