Reacting to Keystrokes in Etoys

Christopher Sawtell csawtell
Fri Apr 18 14:54:43 PDT 2003

On Tue, 28 Jan 2003 16:34, Scott Wallace wrote:
> Several people have mentioned recently that they would like to be
> able react to keystrokes in etoy scripts.
>
> Attached is a simple project that illustrates one straightforward way
> that this could be done.  Please have a look -- examine the
> "navigate" scripts of the two objects -- and see what you think.
>
> If there is interest, we could add this to the etoy system.  Comments
> please!

My 13 y.o. son says "Yes please!".

I say that the other desired enhancement would be to have a square root
function added to the math operators in the tiles.

Yes I know that one can do a Newtonian iteration, but that's too time
consuming for children during a school lesson.

--
Sincerely etc.,
Christopher Sawtell