[Q] adding new tiles? (fwd)

Anindita anindita
Fri Apr 18 14:54:43 PDT 2003

This was in response to a question about adding tiles for TextMorphs, but
you can generalize from this example.

Hope this helps,

Anindita

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2002 13:26:40 -0700
From: Ted Kaehler <Ted at squeakland.org>
To: squeakland at squeakland.org
Cc: Scott.Wallace at squeakland.org, madevu at yahoo.com,
     Ted Kaehler <Ted at squeakland.org>
Subject: Re: [Q] adding new tiles?

Anindita,
	See the method  TextMorph class>>additionsToViewerCategories.
That is where you need to add a line for each new tile you want.
Make a duplicate of the inner array below, and edit it.

#((basic "The category name in the viewer" (
(slot  characters "name on the tile"
   'The characters in my contents'   "balloon help string"
   String    "Type that it returns"
   readWrite  "both setting and getting"
   Player  "put into viewers on objects of this class"
   getCharacters   "getter selector  (your method name goes here)"
   Player   "put into viewers on objects of this class"
   setCharacters:    "setter selector  (your method name goes here)")
"another slot" )))

--Ted.

--
Ted Kaehler         http://www.squeakland.org/~ted/