MIDI playback in plugin

John Voiklis voiklis
Fri Apr 18 14:54:43 PDT 2003

Thank you John, rebooting did the trick.

Bset,

John

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-squeakland at squeakland.org
[mailto:owner-squeakland at squeakland.org]On Behalf Of John Maloney
Sent: Thursday, January 30, 2003 6:52 PM
To: squeakland at squeakland.org
Subject: Re: MIDI playback in plugin

The internal synth hasn't been removed. It could be a problem with the
configuration of sound on computer--perhaps the volume is turnd down
or the sound is muted. A quick test is to use the "make sound" tile in the
EToy object viewer. Clicking on the yellow exclaimation point should make
sound (unless the current sound selection is silence, of course).

If that fails to make a sound, check your sound settings or perhaps try
another application that makes sound. You might try re-booting in case
the sound driver has somehow gotten stuck.

If "make sound" works then playing MIDI through the internal synth
should also work. Be sure to try it with a known good MIDI file.

	-- John