Roamer sim progress

Phil Firsenbaum tacmanphil
Fri Apr 18 14:54:49 PDT 2003

So, I'm making progress. I've gotten my Roam1 object to behave very
much the way I wanted. When I activate the moveMe script the object
moves forward the number of steps set in the slider (whose value is
visible in both watchers!), while the reset script/button brings the
object back to the starting position and heading.
I've duplicated these scripts for the second object (Roam2), however,
when I run the moveMe2 script I get an error (MessageNotUnderstood:
getNumericValue). The moveMe script also has a getNumericValue call,
but it works. Any idea about what's going on?

I still want/need to have multiple screens in this project, so I'm
working with a stack (even though i should probably change to a Book).
How would I duplicate some or all of the objects I see on one card onto
another card (page)? I found the copy to paste buffer item but I don't
see how to paste ("standard" Cmd-v doesn't work). I was able to
duplicate a number of objects but I don't want them on the same screen.
Should I embed the objects into the background...but I don't want them
on all backgrounds. Probably just on one or two other cards...

Well, anyway, here's what the project looks like thus far.
Phil