Oops re the reminder for the Kay/Papert talks....

Marcus Denker marcus
Fri Apr 18 14:54:49 PDT 2003

On Thu, Feb 27, 2003 at 11:53:34AM +0100, Hannes Hirzel wrote:

> What is the URL for the Webcasts? Quicktime or Realplayer?
>

| From: "Mankovsky, Sheine" <sheine.mankovsky2 at tdsb.on.ca>
| To: "'squeakland at squeakland.org'" <squeakland at squeakland.org>
| Subject: Oops re the reminder for the Kay/Papert talks....
| Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 22:48:10 -0500
|
| The website for the Kay/Papert talks is http://real.oise.utoronto.ca/.   You
| will also be able to access the website through the Fields Institute website
| at www.fields.utoronto.ca/programs/.   Start time is 7:00 p.m. (EST).  There
| will also be an opportunity to e-mail questions  following the lectures, at
| approximately 9:00 p.m.
|
| And, if all of this works, the webcast will be archived.

Looks like realplayer.

Question:
We were diskussing on squeak-dev that it might be nice to have a talk of
Alan (or a Squeak Demo) available on CD for offline viewing. Shipping
some x-hundret MB around or being connected to the net for 3 hous is not
an option for many people even today. e.g. I only have a fast connection
at the university, but watching video for some hours sitting at the desk
ist not that fun.

For the squeak.org CD we found a company that allows custom CD production
and delivery worldwide for around $10 per CD, with no set-up fees.

    Marcus

--
Marcus Denker marcus at ira.uka.de  -- Squeak! http://squeak.de