turtle trails

Andreas Raab andreas.raab
Fri Apr 18 14:54:53 PDT 2003

Hi Karl,

There seem to be two independent problems here. One is that apparently pen
trails in the world are ignored completely (if you're interested check out
PasteUpMorph>>patchAt:without:andNothingAbove: which fills the area with the
world's color only so that anything but a plain color will be ignored ... ho
hum). That means only pen trails in any "inner" playfields can actually
work.

The second problem seems to be related to color depth - even within some
playfield I couldn't get this to work for any display depth > 8. Most likely
there's some odd problem with mapping the colors to indexes correctly. So
the only workaround I can recommend is to use some playfield _and_ set the
display depth to 8bpp.

Cheers,
  - Andreas