Remembering Philip Kniat

Mankovsky, Sheine sheine.mankovsky2
Fri Apr 18 14:55:00 PDT 2003

Sebastian Hergott at Don Mills Middle School recently made this sad
announcement to the members of our Toronto District School Board Squeak
forum:

...to those who do not already know, one of our classmates, our expert
Squeaker, Philip Kniat, passed away March 28, 2003. Philip was hit by a car
in front of our school three days earlier.

Philip was smart, insightful, really understood Squeak and worked well with
others to explore it's uses. He was a member of the Pioneer group that first
explored Squeak. He took leadership in presenting it to our class.

Philip was also the key force in the Colour Communication project that used
"random" and "colour sees" concepts to create Squeak art. The file is
attached.

Squeakland and the world at large have lost a great thinker, a great person
and a great friend.
Rest in peace Philip.

Philip wasn't with us physically for very long.  Each person who embarks on
the Squeak adventure is changing the world, defining the future. In the
short time that he was with us, Philip managed to change the world.  His
memory will continue to inspire all of us.  Please bring Philip into your
thoughts for just a moment.

Sheine Mankovsky