Fwd: Re: Seeking compelling high school examples

Michael Rueger m.rueger
Mon May 5 08:53:41 PDT 2003

Kim Rose wrote:
> Mike,
> This still won't work for me...in IE I get a blank Etoy window, in
> Netscape I get total gibberish....
> any explanation????

  >http://berty.dyndns.org/CSpendulum.pr

  >http://berty.dyndns.org/GraphBug.pr

These URLs point directly to the project file. This may work, but in
most cases it doesn't (some browser magic involved).
Netscape in your case actually tries to display the *content* of the
project file directly, thus the gibberish.

Some people might also encounter download problems as these projects are
hosted on a so called dynamic dns server. Without going into details it
could happen that the server temporarily may not be found.

Either download the projects and load them from your local disc or use
these URLs that utilize the squeakland launcher:

http://squeakland.org/project.jsp?http://berty.dyndns.org/CSpendulum.pr

(I just found out that this project contains a TTGlyph, it won't work in
the squeakland image. Please *always* use the unmodified squeakland
plugin image when you build projects that you want to share).

http://squeakland.org/project.jsp?http://berty.dyndns.org/GraphBug.pr

(This one seems to work)

Michael