[Squeakland] Logo vs. Squeak

RATZEL, MARSHA MRATZEL at bv229.k12.ks.us
Fri Aug 8 08:24:52 PDT 2003

I am determined to figure this out.  I'm new to both Logo and Squeak and
thought I'd be a perfect guinea pig to start out with both.  Almost an
action research project with 2 of my sections of 7th graders this year.
I really feel in over my head with Squeak because there's just not much
documentation....but if you really think about it, kids never read
documentation.  It's only us old foggies that need the
documentation!!!!!

I'm scared to step off the dock and plunge in.  But what the heck.  It
can't be a bad thing even if we can't do anything.  It's the process I
keep telling myself and enjoying the journey.  I'm definitely going to
include a reflective element in this grand experiment, though.  I'm
setting up blogs for all my kids to talk about what they're
experiencing, their frustrations, their victories and hopefully adding
in that critique piece unique to the blogging world.  It should also
help me collect valuable student work/thinking as evidence to examine
for if it's worth it or not.

marsha