[Squeakland] Music and Squeak

Doug Wolfgram doug at gfx.com
Fri Aug 15 13:12:37 PDT 2003

I just got back from Tech Fest and was fortunate enough to spend some time
with Tod Machover of MIT Media Lab. I was completely impressed with Toy
Symphony's HyperScore program (www.toysymphony.net) and have been composing
music with it ever since downloading it.

Basically, it is an application that allows children to 'paint' music. One
does not need to understand music notation or theory. It is all done
visually and aurally.

Then I though, this would be the PERFECT Squeak app.  My daughter spent a
bit of time with Tod's daughter (10 and 9 respectively) and it would be
incredible if they could collaborate in composition efforts a la Squeak.

Would anyone out there in Squeak-land be interested in talking to the
students who wrote HyperScore and look at porting it to Squeak? Are there
other music authoring applications that I am not aware of?

'Marketing that Listens"
Doug Wolfgram
CEO - GRAFX Group, Inc.
www.gfx.com