[Squeakland] [Q] [eToys] Object under?

diegogomezdeck at consultar.com diegogomezdeck at consultar.com
Wed Aug 20 05:03:37 PDT 2003

Thanks John and Karl for the answers...

Reading my original email I realized I was not so clear in the question (
definitively I have to improve my English :-| ).

What I was looking for is a way to get a reference to *any* morph under.
The idea is to program a type of "garbage collector" that walk around the
world and take any morph on the world (the garbage) and carries it to
a "safe" place.

I mean something like this:

   lookForGarbage
      self walkAround. "walk randomly over the world"
      (self morphUnder = World)
         ifTrue:[
            self morphUnder owner: self.
            self pauseScript: #lookForGarbage.
            self startScript: #carryTheGarbageToASafePlace].

I hope this time I explained my needs better than before.

Cheers,

Diego