[Squeakland] A somewhat silly suggestion for Andreas

John Voiklis voiklis at redfigure.org
Wed Aug 20 23:46:58 PDT 2003

> This is why my answer was facetious .....

No need to explain; when I am not busy obsessing over words, I share your
attitude about what is the real work on this list and in general.

I could tell that I was coming off too serious, and should have added my
own winking character... ;)

...Actually, now that I am winking, today's run yielded another idea about
how the transition from novice to intermediate to expert might be handled:

-Novices could use a reduced tile (or other graphical programming widget)
set, only the most commonly used properties and behaviors (similar to what I saw
with Jive)

-For intermediates one could provide a tile builder, a tool with
which the user can create custom tiles.

-Experts, who have begun to find graphical programming unsuited to their
needs, can move on to Smalltalk or whatever the underlying language

Again this idea is rather unripe, but I wonder if anyone thinks it's worth
developing further.

Best,

John