[Squeakland] parameters, variables, and using non-number data types

John Voiklis voiklis at redfigure.org
Tue Aug 26 13:31:43 PDT 2003

I have been tinkering with writing some advanced topic tutorials and I have run aground when it comes to using non-number data types with variables and with using parameters (whatever the data type).

Can someone give me the run down on the use and usefulness of the various variable data types, as well as the use and usefulness of etoy parameters?

I am not looking for anything in-depth; after all, tutorial writing is my problem. A quick explanation and an even quicker example is more than I need.

Thanks,

John

PS: I look forward to some comments on the tutorial text that has been posted...

http://workshop.madeleinelengle.org/SqueakManual