Basic Collision Detection

Phil Firsenbaum tacmanphil at mac.com
Mon Feb 10 18:08:29 PST 2003

I too am trying to learn my way around Squeak, especially the etoy
environment. I found a terrific section in Mark Guzdial's Squeak book
about creating an ellipse that simulates gravity as it falls. I added a
variation by having my ellipse bounce off of an object when it lands on
it. My ellipse is yellow and the object that it strikes is light blue.
What you see below is the script that checks to see when the 2 colors
meet. When that happens (and only then) is another script (kick)
activated.