sharing projects, pictures & progress

Kim Rose Kim.Rose at viewpointsresearch.org
Fri Jan 3 11:22:11 PST 2003

--
Greetings and Happy New Year to Squeakland!

I am putting together a presentation or series of presentations
(Squeak-based of course) primarily for other educators and media
researchers to continue to share how and where teachers, parents and
kids are using Squeak to amplify their learning.   Requests for talks
and sharing are coming more frequently from near and far!

My goal is to create a series of Squeak projects highlighting a
variety of schools and other learning enviornments worldwide
currently exploring how Squeak can be used in a variety of learning
contexts.

I would *love* to receive the following from those of you willing:
- your permission to include your school/use/application of Squeak
- a photo (jpeg or bmp) or two of your learning environment with you/children
- a couple of example projects
- any notes/comments about your use of Squeak

It is also my desire that, this year, Viewpoints Research will
receive the necessary support so that we can add more content -- i.e,
the kinds of projects I am seeking here -- directly on the Squeakland
website so that you, and newcomers, can get an idea of the range of
Squeak's use both throughout the world and in a variety of content
areas for learners of various ages.  I would like to see the website
become a clearinghouse for interesting projects and curricular ideas,
etc, as well as a starting point for sharing.

Our community is growing rapidly and we are starting to see some
marvelous examples and applications of how Squeak/etoys might be used
to promote a deeper learning of powerful ideas.

Thanks to all of you in advance for any content/experiences you are
willing to share/provide to us.

cheers and happy Squeaking!
Kim