Etoy issues

Jahanzeb Sherwani jahanzeb at lums.edu.pk
Fri Jan 24 13:48:26 PST 2003

Bob,

Thanks a lot... this is what I was looking for. Is there more info about
this on the www.squeak.org site?

Is there any way to create a middle ground between the squeakland tiles and
the world-browser-code type thing? I remember reading about the three
levels of Squeak, targetted to elementary school-kids, a middle audience,
and then expert users... did anything become of the middle one?

Also, is there any way to make the tiles' code transparent? For instance,
if I want to see how a the 'bounce' tile makes the object bounce and apply
the same algorithm to a 'color sees' test block's 'yes' section, is there
any way to copy paste code or something of the sort between these two parts?

>Jahanzeb,
>
>There certainly is, but it's something rather different from the
tile-based programming you have been discussing in your emails.

>- open a browser (world menu/open/browser)
>- in the top-left pane select Morphic-Games
>- in the next pane to the right, there are three classes: Tetris,
TetrisBlock and TetrisBoard. Select one of these
>- in the top-right pane are the methods in that class. Select one and the
code for that method will appear in the bottom pane.

>This will let you see how Tetris was created. Learning how to make one
yourself is the subject of a somewhat longer discussion. ;-)