Etoy issues -- Keyboard Control of etoys

Jahanzeb Sherwani jahanzeb at lums.edu.pk
Sun Jan 26 04:38:51 PST 2003

Hi,

This does definitely work and it's better than no keyboard control.
However, it would be really great if you could have keyboard control
working regardless of the keyboard's repeat/delay rates, instead focussing
on detecting the keydown and keyup events (if that's possible). This way,
you could have two keys pressed and they would both register... ie, you can
press left and forward, and the car should turn left and move forward
simultaneously.

This might not seem like a big deal, and maybe it isn't, but I remember
when I was young and trying to program on my own, this was one of the main
things I used to want to get my program to do. I even managed to get it
finally, and was really proud of that, but it would be great to have the
functionality in squeak to be able to do this without much of a hassle.

Let me know your thoughts on this,

Jahanzeb