Etoy issues - universal tiles

Jahanzeb Sherwani jahanzeb at lums.edu.pk
Sun Jan 26 13:29:32 PST 2003

>world menu/help/preferences, then go to the scripting section.

Thanks a lot!

>Well, you can try turning on the preference 'universalTiles' which make tile
>programming look a bit more like programming and a little less like tiles.
This
>may be hard to back out of, so don't do it if you need to get back to
where you
>started without quitting and restarting Squeak.

It certainly makes it look more like programming, but the functionality is
exactly the same from what it looks like. Is this true?

Also I searched for tutorials on the wiki but it was quite confusing,
especially since the tutorials page is empty. Is there any recommended way
to get fluent with the non-etoy squeak? Ah I just remembered
http://www.squeak.org/documentation/index.html has many tutorials that I
should look at.

Jahanzeb