Colour palette project challenge

Sebastian Hergott sebastian.hergott at tel.tdsb.on.ca
Thu Jan 30 23:32:55 PST 2003

The challenge is to create a project which
- has a colour palette
- has a pen object which draws automatically or by some form of "fuel"
- when the cursor is over a colour the corresponding pen object draws that colour
- the speed of the pen is determined by increasing or decreasing the cursor speed (or by another "fuel")
- the cursor could be an object
- the heading (turn) of the pen is determined by a random number
- the pen thickness is determined by a random number

Here is the file we started in class

This project can be worked on by any number of collaborators.
Beauty in scripting and beauty in design count.

Post your results
and any other questions this raises
here by Monday, Feb. 3.

Possible extensions: cloning, cellular behaviour models, modelling of cancer and other disease, life simulations

NB: Afew of my grade 8 students solved all but one criteria and posted the results to our internal conference over their lunch hour.
We'll post this, and other evolutionary iterations on Monday.

Sebastian Hergott
Teacher/Intermediate Program Coordinator - CyberARTS
Arts and Information Technology Convener
ASA (Academic Services Associate)
Don Mills Middle School, tel. 395-2320
17 The Donway East, Don Mills, Ontario, M3C 1X6, Canada
sebastian.hergott at tel.tdsb.on.ca