[Squeakland] Squeak 'non-starter' in U.K. schools?

thom thom at indiana.edu
Wed Jul 9 00:20:21 PDT 2003

Ok, I'm dating myself but I remember seeing some really good 'real'
science/math demos that David Thornberg at Stanford did almost 20 years
ago. He did a workshop in Alaska I was at and it was in terms of Logo and
the real world. I have no idea if these were ever written down but he had
a significant impact on the teachers in the audience. Actually better than
written down would be video taped in some form so folks could see and get
what he or anyone was talking about.

If I am going over old material I apologize. I haven't been reading real
close this summer.

--Thom

 \\\\////                tHoM gIllEsPiE
 /ww  ww\   Indiana University, Telecommunications Dept
6 (*][*) ?       1229 E 7th St      Radio & TV Bldg
 \  .7  /          Bloomington, IN 47405-5501 USA
  ( --')       thom at indiana.edu     812-855-3254 (v)
   WWWW      THE MIME PROGRAM:   www.mime.indiana.edu
  / WW \     www.indiana.edu/~slizzard/resume/page.html
What is the use of a book, thought Alice, without pictures or
conversation. -Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventure in Wonderland