[Squeakland] RE: squeak tutorials, etc.

Nancy Head head.n at mvumail.mivu.org
Thu Jul 10 17:48:12 PDT 2003

This week I'm filling out a request to have squeak loaded on computers. I
need better clarification of the differences between the "full" squeak vs.
the "plugin" squeak so that I can be sure I have what I need, even though
I'm only just beginning to become familiar with the tools myself.

Can I get clarification on the capabilities of the plugin squeakland vs.
development squeak versions?

Thanks,

Nancy

>I had a roomful of middle school boys in a computer club last year who
>wanted to create a game. Squeak may be an appropriate tool for them to use.

It should be. Many 4-8th graders all over the world have made their
own games in Squeak etoys.