[Squeakland] decompress file

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Fri Jul 11 13:32:30 PDT 2003

On Friday 11 July 2003 11:01 am, Nancy Head wrote:
> I'm trying to open yet another tutorial
> (http://www.consultar.com/Squeak/tutorial/whatwecallobjects.html),
> using the plugin version of Squeak. (I was successfully able to
> open it in the "full" Squeak but want to try using it within the
> plugin.)
>
> I have a .pr file and have gotten into World and the "open..."
> screen, and can select the file in the "file list," but am now
> stuck.
>
> The instructions I'm following say "click over the [file]name to
> select it and right click over it to show a menu."
>
> This worked in the full version, but not plugin. I assume it's a
> setting somewhere. How do I do a "decompress to file" and "load as
> project" from the plugin?

The plugin is a bit paranoid about outside content, for security
reasons.

Assuming you've already decompressed it, you can stick it in your
"untrusted" plugin directory (on my Linux system, that's
"~/.netscape/squeak/image/untrusted").

Once you've done that (and assuming you're in a browser already), you
can open the Navigator flap, and hold the button marked "FIND" down
until a menu comes up. Now choose "find a project (more places)" and
you should see the "untrusted" directory on the list. Choose the .pr
file and it should load.

However... this particular project uses at least one class that isn't
in the Plugin image (FaceMorph).

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com