I want to document...slightly off topic

Alan Kay Alan.Kay at squeakland.org
Tue Mar 11 14:26:39 PST 2003

Hi John --

Again, this is really a squeak.org question, since squeakland.org is
*only* about the etoys part of squeak. The short answer is the
universal tiles were one of several experiments we did to investigate
making an enduser scripting system of much wider scope than etoys.
Some of it worked very well, but we judged the gestalt to be below
threshold.

Cheers,

Alan

-----