"All the Real Math To Which School (Including College) Refused Yo u Access."

John Voiklis voiklis
Mon May 5 08:53:39 PDT 2003

While I did not ask the original question, I thank you, Alan, for these
helpful hints to the pendulum problem.

Getting back to the imagined book in the subject line and my earlier
question about whether such a resource exists: the reaction I have gotten
from all the people with whom I have shared this problem and the hints is
that they can understand the concepts but not the terminology...at least in
this instance, it is the language that makes their eyes glaze over. I don't
present this as a criticism, but, as someone concerned with explaining such
things to people, it is definitely an important observation; one at least
that I should keep in mind.

Best,

John