Pendulum project update

Darius Clarke darius
Mon May 5 08:53:40 PDT 2003

Andreas,

Scary!
Using your project and unmodified script, I rotated the pendulum so that the
bob started above horizontal and then started the timer.

The pendulum accelerated! (Great for a perpetual motion machine. You need to
patent it.)

I know that's the code (limits) and not your challenge.

Does the pendulum accelerate at the same speed and travel distance as a free
falling object starting at the same height? Or does, assuming a frictionless
pivot, the limited length of the shaft slow its rate acceleration?

Cheers,
Darius