Fwd: Re: Seeking compelling high school examples

Christopher Sawtell csawtell
Mon May 5 08:53:41 PDT 2003

On Thu, 01 May 2003 02:29, Michael Rueger wrote:
> Kim Rose wrote:
> > Mike,
> > This still won't work for me...in IE I get a blank Etoy window, in
> > Netscape I get total gibberish....
> > any explanation????
> >
>   >http://berty.dyndns.org/CSpendulum.pr
>   >
>   >http://berty.dyndns.org/GraphBug.pr
>
> These URLs point directly to the project file. This may work, but in
> most cases it doesn't (some browser magic involved).
> Netscape in your case actually tries to display the *content* of the
> project file directly, thus the gibberish.
>
> Some people might also encounter download problems as these projects are
> hosted on a so called dynamic dns server. Without going into details it
> could happen that the server temporarily may not be found.

While this is indeed a dynamic dns address, it is actually a fixed IP number.
Please feel free to use the number 202.0.37.152 instead of the name if you
want to.

> Either download the projects and load them from your local disc or use
> these URLs that utilize the squeakland launcher:

> http://squeakland.org/project.jsp?http://berty.dyndns.org/CSpendulum.pr

> (I just found out that this project contains a TTGlyph, it won't work in
> the squeakland image. Please *always* use the unmodified squeakland
> plugin image when you build projects that you want to share).

Thanks for that. I'll take the TTGlyph out of it. Pity, it's pretty.

--
C. S.