Seeking compelling high school examples

Christopher Sawtell csawtell
Mon May 5 08:53:45 PDT 2003

On Fri, 02 May 2003 04:29, Kim Rose wrote:
> Hi, Christopher, Mike  and other readers -
> I just tried to load the project from this url:
> http://squeakland.org/project.jsp?http://berty.dyndns.org/GraphBug.pr
> and it worked!
The Internet never ceases to amaze me too.

> (It did take a few seconds so patience helps!)
Thanks for telling me. It's supposed to be a 128kbit cable connection but I
have suspected for a while that it's on a go slow. Thanks for confirming my
suspicions. Hopfully the ISP are looking into it.

> I think it would be *really cool*, if you would be willing to add a
> small narrative to this project, explaining to folks finding it, what
> it does, why it is important, basically what it means....
> would you be willing to do so?
Done. There is now a text box which says:-

This project merely illustrates a very minor bug in the playfield.

It seems that the y origin for the graph paper is the top of the playfield,
whereas the y origin for the graph is at the bottom. Thus, unless the size of
the y dimension of the playfield is an exact multiple of the graphpaper
squares the plotting is incorrect. This is illustrated by the graph to the
left, the plot of which should pass precisely through the corners of the
squares of the graph paper.

Once again, really a very minor bug.

http://squeakland.org/project.jsp?http://berty/GraphBug.005.pr

[ ... ]

> >>  http://squeakland.org/project.jsp?http://berty.dyndns.org/CSpendulum.pr
> >>
> >>  (I just found out that this project contains a TTGlyph, it won't work
> >> in the squeakland image. Please *always* use the unmodified squeakland
> >> plugin image when you build projects that you want to share).

Thanks for that. I'll take the TTGlyph out of it. Pity, it's pretty.

http://squeakland.org/project.jsp?http://berty.dyndns.org/pendulum.009.pr

--
C. S.