[Squeakland] pen trails

Alan Kay Alan.Kay at squeakland.org
Thu May 8 15:07:41 PDT 2003

Hi Randy --

At 8:44 PM -0400 5/7/03, Randall Caton wrote:
>Does anyone know how to get pen trails to write on top of an imported
>graphic (e.g. jpg)? Can it be done?

Yes (see Andreas' suggestion).

Interestingly, pen trails were originally on top in the first version
of etoys, and I'm not sure just why they aren't now.

However, it's also pretty clear that a more appropriate
implementation would be to have them actually make an object of some
kind (a SketchMorph or a PolygonMorph) that works like any other
object. We will probably do something like this in a future version
of etoys.

Cheers,

Alan