[Squeakland] squeak-alice

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at squeakland.org
Mon May 19 18:10:00 PDT 2003

Hi Shalabh,

> How can we embed a wonderland camera window in a book morph.

Did you try to embed it from the wonderland camera's red halo menu? I
haven't tried it but I *think* this should work.

> How do we create alice actors from the stratch???

>From scratch? I am not sure what you mean by this. From the Wonderland
scripting area you can do something like:

	w makePlaneNamed: 'plane' "create a plane"
	w makeActorNamed: 'myActor'. "create an empty actor"

Or you can use the Pooh painting system to make 3D objects. Here's how this
works:

* Get the halo on the wonderland's camera window
* Click on the 'paint' halo to the right (same place where you find
'repaint' for sketches)
* Draw a closed outline in the camera window
* 'Pooh!' (that's why it's called like this ;)

You can also paint on the object you just created by getting the halo for
the 3D object and click on the handle in the center ('paint on surface').
Now you can paint on the 3D object itself.

Hope this helps,
  - Andreas