[Squeakland] Multiple copies of pen trails

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Wed May 21 17:36:30 PDT 2003

On Wednesday 21 May 2003 07:07 am, Phil Firsenbaum wrote:
> What I'd like to do next is somehow have multiple copies of the
> pattern of dots appear so that kids could have more than one
> attempt at connecting the dots without erasing previous versions.
> I've tried putting a (transparent) book on top of the pattern, but
> that doesn't allow me to have different versions on each page. I'll
> even settle for being able to capture each version (as an exported
> graphic) but that doesn't seem to work either. If I export the
> playfield that I'm using below the pattern of dots isn't captured!
> Any ideas/suggestions?

I'm no eToy expert, but would it work to stick the dots (they're
Morphs, right?) on a Playfield and then swap copies of that playfield
around?

Just get a Holder, turn off its layout and make its hResizing and
vResizing both rigid; turn off showing cursor, add the grid and
border, etc. Then stick the dots onto it.

Keep this around as a master.

Now you can copy the master and all of its contents as needed, and
then swap between these copies!

Just take the Arrowhead and stick it on whatever the active playfield
is.

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com