[Squeakland] Has anyone played with Karel's World?

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Sat May 24 16:51:56 PDT 2003

On Saturday 24 May 2003 03:19 pm, Doris Cassidy wrote:
> That got me Karel's World, but I don't know why, what to do with it
> when I get there, or how to do the same with other links.

OK...

Why is because your browser has been told to open up Squeak when
presented with Squeak projects. But the web server has to tell it
that a particular URL represents a Squeak project; your browser
doesn't know what to do with a ".pr" file you've downloaded.

What to do with it:

That part is a bit thin. I'd browse the web for information on Karel
the Robot.

http://www.google.com/search?q=karel%20robot&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

If you're somewhat familiar with the eToys environment, you should be
able to connect what you read about other versions of Karel and this
one.

If you aren't familiar with eToys, you should probably start with a
more tutorial project. I'm sure other folks here on the list could
help with that.

How to use other links:

Try browsing to the Super Swiki:
http://www.squeakland.org:8080/super/gallery

If you click on one of the screenshots it should open the project.

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com