[Squeakland] Has anyone played with Karel's World?

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Sat May 24 19:57:32 PDT 2003

On Saturday 24 May 2003 05:54 pm, Christopher Sawtell wrote:

> Unfortunately no instructions.
> I might be able to encourage my son, and a friend to create
> something, they both need the exercise in written literacy.

That would help, thanks!

> Ideally, one needs to be able to use repeats and condidtionals in
> the program one creates to direct Karel.

True. Conditionals are a "simple matter of programming" (I think).

However, eToys don't support repeats other than by starting and
stopping a ticking script. Which might work, now that I think about
it.

The various tests would actually be quite simple to add in Smalltalk,
but I wanted to show what could be done with scripting.

> I remember Alan posted a
> lesson on the subject to the list during February. The text of the
> posting is in the Squeakland email list archive, but unfortunately
> the inline images have been stripped out by the list archiving
> software. Thus the archived posting is meaningless. I would be very
> grateful to be able to read that posting complete with its
> pictures. Could somebody be so kind as to direct me to another
> instance of the posting complete with the images elsewhere?

Hmm.. I see the inline images at (for instance):
http://squeakland.org/pipermail/squeakland/2003-02/msg00026.html

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com