[Squeakland] [ANN] New plugin released

Michael Rueger michael at squeakland.org
Thu Nov 6 16:49:32 PST 2003

Dear Squeaklanders,

we just released the latest version of the Squeakland plugin.

We recommend downloading and running the installer as the new release
also includes new virtual machines for all platforms. The Mac OS X
installers also allow for a special installation modes for server
environments. Please refer to the ReadMe for more information.

This release includes quite a few updates, some of them bug fixes and
some additional functionality:

+ bug fixes
  - publishing
  - objects disappearing
  - too many to list here ;-)

+ functionality
  - pen trails as dots or lines and with arrows
  - quit button in the navigator bar
  - sounds in projects are preserved
  - getters and setters provide feedback on mouse-over

We also changed the publishing behavior so that errors occurring during
the publishing process actually get reported and not just cause the
system to "hang".

The new release also supports Safari on the Mac, although users behind a
web proxy might experience problems.
There are still some issues with Squeak on Panther (Mac OS X 10.3).
Please set colors to "Thousands" to avoid these problems until we find a
better workaround (or Apple fixes the bugs in Panther).

Please let us know if you encounter (old or new) problems with the new
version!

Michael