[Squeakland] http://people.squeakfoundation.org/ - an invitation

Cees de Groot cg at cdegroot.com
Fri Nov 14 09:15:47 PST 2003

Dear Squeakers,

Over the last couple of days, I have been busy setting up a new
community site for Squeakers. It is based on the Advogato website
(http://www.advogato.org/) and uses a web-of-trust metric that helps
establishing a safe environment of sorts (probably bad wording, but to
explain the full deal is a bit too much in this context - browse around
on both sites if you want to learn more). Basically it is a combination
of a weblog site (users can keep diaries), Slashdot (people can post
articles and others can comment on them), and a social charting system
(because it enables you to see relations between people and what they're
doing).

The site went on-line last Wednesday night, and made a great start - we
have over 50 people signed up and the number is steadily increasing.

As the Squeak(-dev) and Squeakland communities often have little contact
because of the differences in goals (Smalltalk hacking vs. education, if
you'll allow me to put it like that), I thought it would be a good idea
if people from the Squeakland community would join the site and start
telling what they're up to. In my opinion, this could really help in
creating more community sense between both groups.

If you're interested, go to http://people.squeakfoundation.org/ and
sniff around - and don't hesitate to ask me if you have any questions.

Regards,

Cees de Groot