[Squeakland] Installation Problem

Carole Parker mscip at inreach.com
Wed Nov 12 07:09:35 PST 2003

I have an Apple G5 running 10.2.7. I also tend to default to Safari for
web browsing.

I successfully downloaded the appropriate Squeak package at squeak.org.
It unpacked successfully, and everything is in one directory.

When I tried to open Squeak on my machine, I got a black line expanding
rectangle that does nothing. It looks like it is trying to start
something but nothing obvious happens.

* I checked the troubleshooting page on squeak.org, and it does not
appear to be anything on that page. All the files seemed to unpack
correctly.

* I have tried double clicking on the Squeak image.

* I have tried dragging and dropping onto Squeak, and that did not
work, either.

* I have verified that all the files are there and in one directory.

* I have verified the plugins to the best of my ability.

So, the question is, *why* can't I open Squeak? The squeak.org package
said that it was Carbonized - which is to say that it should work in
10.X.

Until later--

Carole Parker
Senior Technical Writer