[Squeakland] Crazy idea inspired by Leapster Multimedia Learning System

Ian Piumarta ian.piumarta at inria.fr
Fri Nov 21 19:51:11 PST 2003

On Fri, 21 Nov 2003, Dave Bauer wrote:

> I had another idea. A handheld PC running Linux or Windows might be the
> best bet.

I saw one of those in Fry's (a PDA running Linux).  I can't remember what
it was though.  (If Ned is reading this list, he was with me at the time
and maybe he remembers?)  We tried for 5 minutes to get to a terminal so
we could see more about the h/w and s/w, before giving up.  But it might
be feasible to bring Squeak up on such a machine with very little work.

(FWIW, Squeak already runs on WinCE.)

Ian