[Squeakland] [FUN]Space Invader Tutorial

Scott Wallace scott.wallace at squeakland.org
Fri Sep 5 18:07:06 PDT 2003

Hi, Darius, Karl, and all,

Various issues arise when a project originally authored in a
non-Squeakland version of Squeak is loaded into a Squeakland system,
and vice-versa.

To avoid such issues, only projects *created* in a "Squeakland"
version of Squeak should be *published* to the "Squeakland-BSS".

The differences pointed out by Karl and Darius are two examples of
differences.  There are others, including some that are more serious.
It would be desirable to keep things in synch between the two worlds
of Squeak, but for the moment the simple fact is that there are
compatibility problems in both directions, and these problems are
best avoided by using a Squeakland image to build any project
intended for use by Squeakland users.

Cheers,

  -- Scott