[Squeakland] OS X startup and how to get a new morph badge

Shannon Pekary shannon at handshigh.com
Fri Sep 19 14:47:10 PDT 2003

I am a new squeak user, but experienced programmer. I got through the
car driving demo with my kids, but I was really frustrated getting to
the point where they could just squeak.

1) Most of the computers I am using are Mac OS X computers.
Double-click on the squeak.image file just produces a "Don't know what
application to run this with" type message. If I map in the Explorer,
Explorer just hangs and eventually crashes. How can I set things up on
an OS X computer to quickly start squeak with a blank screen without
being connected to the internet?

2) I am trying to figure out how to turn on sharing of desktops in an
intranet environment. The squeak.org site FAQ says to choose  a new
badge from the new morph/experimental menu. "experimental" is not a
choice on my new morph menu. Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Shannon