[Squeakland] Computer as Tutor

Gary Fisher gfisher at altelco.net
Sun Apr 11 08:28:48 PDT 2004

Please accept my apology for being so obtuse, Sheine.

I never said there was a "golden age of pastry chefs," but apparently wrote
in a way which permitted my metaphor of a person of skill and talent (such
as a fine chef) being replaced by uncaring automation (in this case a cookie
cutter) to be misunderstood.  Nostalgia was not the issue.  The fact a chef
might indeed make good use of a cookie cutter might also have confused you,
as well as the fact that it takes a significant amount of dough to support
either.  <s>

I'll try to write simpler in the future.

Gary