[Squeakland] Japan may be "far away" but you never know!

Kim Rose kim.rose at squeakland.org
Mon Dec 13 15:26:46 PST 2004

Greetings, Squeaklanders -

I want to let you know about an upcoming Conference in Kyoto, Japan
which may be of interest.
Although "C5" (The Third International Conference on Creating,
Connecting and Collaborating through Computing) may be fairly
technical, and not necessarily geared to a K-12 learning community,
on January 30th there will be a special morning including a keynote
lecture by Seymour Papert which I am sure would be of interest.

Here are the details on that:
http://www.edu.soc.i.kyoto-u.ac.jp/c4-05/index_e.html

And here is the "Call for Participation" for the Conference held Jan
28 and 29th, at Kyoto University:

http://www.edu.soc.i.kyoto-u.ac.jp/c5-05/C5_2005_CFA.txt

and the official conference site:
http://www.edu.soc.i.kyoto-u.ac.jp/c5-05/

Please pass to any family, friends, colleagues you think may be
interested.    Perhaps we'll have the opportunity to meet in Kyoto!
cheers,
Kim