[Squeakland] cannot publish a file anymore

Arvind Grover AGrover at HewittSchool.org
Thu Dec 16 09:44:17 PST 2004

Scott, you are a miracle worker. It worked like a charm. Thanks a lot
for your help. My students will be thrilled that they can make updates
to their project and actually save them when they are done. Especially
helpful with the end of the semester coming up.

arvind

arvind s grover
Acting Director of Educational Technology
The Hewitt School
45 East 75th St
New York, NY 10021
T. (212)288-1919 x613
F. (212)639-9366
E. agrover at hewittschool.org
W. www.hewittschool.org
-----Original Message-----
From: Scott Wallace [mailto:scott.wallace at squeakland.org]
Sent: Thursday, December 16, 2004 12:41 AM
To: Arvind Grover
Cc: squeakland at squeakland.org; Kim.Rose at squeakland.org; Michael Rueger
Subject: RE: [Squeakland] cannot publish a file anymore

Hi again, Arvind.

Sorry it's taken so long to track this down, but I think I now
(finally) have a good fix for this student's damaged project and
others like it.

Please try out the attached, which (if it passes the smoke test) will
find its way into the squeakland update stream before long.

To test it, follow the instructions as for the previous fileout I
sent out on Monday, which should be discarded.

After installing the new fileout, your student will find that she can
load in her old project, request "attempt misc. repairs" from the
"authoring tools" menu, then republish her project, and the resulting
new .pr file should be fine to load into any Squeakland image whether
it yet has this fix in it or not.

Please let me know how this flies...

Cheers,

  -- Scott