[Squeakland] Where can I find a description of make siblings

stéphane ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Wed Dec 22 09:33:46 PST 2004

hi

I was showing to a teacher how to use make siblings and we were
confused by the behavior.
Is there somewhere a description of the difference between copy and
make siblings.
Apparently the behavior (duplicate) changed between 3.6-3.7 and 3.8. in
3.8 this is now make siblings by default.
I checked a bit and it seems that indeed all the siblings are sharing
the same behavior and the variables are local to each object.

So one teacher asked me how to get back the default copy behavior I
browsed in the halos menus but I could not find that anymore. So what
is the status of the makesibling/copy behavior? Is copy simply
deprecated (which makes sense to me).

Stef