[Squeakland] Re: Truetype fonts in the Squeakland

Ian Piumarta ian.piumarta at inria.fr
Fri Feb 20 12:13:51 PST 2004

On 20 Feb 2004, at 08:22, Yoshiki Ohshima wrote:

>> Is it possible to add truetype fonts to the Squeakland.org (OSX
>> latest)
>> version of Squeak?
>
> I don't know where the TrueType font are physically located on OS X,
> but I've got an impression that they are store in some kind of
> 'cabinet' file and Squeak cannot access to those indivisual file,
> right?

There are several "official" sources of TTFs on OSX:

/Library/Fonts and/or /System/Library/Fonts may contain a couple of
(insignificant) TT fonts.

/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/CurrentJDK/Home/
lib/fonts contains a set of proportional and monospace Lucida TTFs.

If you have Apple's X11 installed on your machine then check under
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/TTF too.  (These may or may not have come with
freetype2 which, I think, is not part of the standard Apple X11
distribution; I vaguely remember having to install it myself.  Your
kilometrage, if using Fink/XDarwin, may vary.)

Cheers,
Ian