[Squeakland] Q: Leverage Overlapping Player to Etoys?

Markus Gaelli gaelli at emergent.de
Mon Jan 5 17:25:39 PST 2004

Hi,

I showed a good friend of mine (a teacher) how to program space
invaders completely with Etoys.
You can try out the result here:

http://www.squeakland.org/project.jsp?http://www.emergent.de/pub/
smalltalk/squeak/projects/petersInvaders.003.pr

We used the common "seesColor" trick for the collision-detection, but
we found it difficult to determine
which UFO was hit by our laser, so I leveraged the existing Smalltalk
Method called "Morph >> morphsInFrontOverlapping:"

to a tile in miscellaneous called: "overlappingPlayer" in Etoys. Here
an exemplifying screenshot: