[Squeakland] New User

Mitchell, David [CC] David.Mitchell at mail.sprint.com
Thu Jan 8 13:21:30 PST 2004

I heartily recommend Powerful Ideas in the Classroom by  BJ Allen-Conn and Kim Rose. It is geared toward middle school, but my two sons (age 5 and 7) and I had fun going through some of the exercises. The book is geared towards instructors. It makes a nice companion to the Squeakers film. Both of these are inexpensive and available at:

http://www.squeakland.org/sqmedia/sqmediahome.html

I am a general Squeak enthusiast, so I have also read the other English language books on Squeak listed at:

http://www.squeakland.org/sqmedia/books/squeakerbooks.html

But, these are more for programmers and computer-science people.

--David Mitchell