[Squeakland] Multiple projects

Michael Rueger michael at squeakland.org
Tue Jan 13 00:36:10 PST 2004

Phil Firsenbaum wrote:

> We're planning  a little celebration of kids' Squeak work in about a
> month. I'm thinking about the logistics of this event and seem to
> remember that multiple projects can be opened and stored within memory
> so that each can be called up easily and quickly. Don't remember how
> it's done though.

There are two ways how you can prepare a presentation of multiple
projects, both starting out the same way.
Please make sure you have the latest updates loaded, as they include one
fix that is needed here.

- copy all projects into a folder on your machine (best option is to use
  the default location (My Squeak))
- start Squeak
- go to the navigator bar and by using "find"...
- load the first project
- go to the navigator bar and select "prev"
- repeat the above three steps until all projects are loaded
- you can arrange the project thumbnail windows by using their move handles

Now you have two options:
- save the top project and use it as an index project. During the
presentation the other projects would still be loaded from disk, but
without the need to go through the file dialog every time.
I just found out, that there are still some problems with this in the
current version. So I recommend the second option :-)

- bring up the world menu )alt-shift-w) and save the current image using
save as. This way you don't overwrite the original plugin image. It
can't hurt though to first make a backup of the plugin image before you
try this.
For the presentation you can just launch the image and all projects will
be already loaded.

Please let me know if this works for you or if you encounter any problems.

I will also try to fix the problems with the index project approach.

Cheers

Michael